LORNA Querol, a 68-year-old woman, and a resident of Piapi, Barangay 21-C, bested 17 other contestants in the “Sing Along ni Pulong” Season 5 Grand Finals at Rizal Park, San Pedro St., on Dec. 20.
In her interview, Querol said the winning piece “This is My Life” by Shirley Bassey was her favorite to sing in karaoke and her grandchildren suggested singing it in the Grand Finals.”
“Akong mga apo nag-encourage sa ako nga muapil aning Sing Along ni Pulong. Wala ko nag-expect makadaog kay ang akoa lingaw-lingaw na lang gane,” Querol said.
She also said it was her first time to join a singing competition.
Querol, who bagged the grand prize of P30,000, shared her achievement with all senior citizens of Davao City, believing that they “can still shine anytime with their talents.”
“Salamat, Congressman Pulong (Paolo Z. Duterte) sa pagmugna sa Sing Along ni Pulong. Daghan nami na hatagan oportonidad,” she added.
Barangay Buhangin Proper leader Omar Vincent Duterte and Rodrigo “Rigo” Duterte II also graced the said event.
Through Sing Along ni Pulong, Rep. Duterte aims to back singers at the grassroots level and help them get discovered with talent.
Photo courtesy of the Office of the First Congressional District
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher