THE 10TH Infantry Division will deploy at least 3,500 forces for the upcoming Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) on Oct. 30, 2023.
Major Mark Anthony Tito, 10th ID spokesperson, said they already established Comelec checkpoints when the election period started.
“The 10ID area generally remains peaceful and for now, in preparation for the Barangay and SK elections, the Regional Joint Security Control Center meeting concluded wherein there will be deployable forces from 10ID,” he added.
However, he said they have yet to determine the final number of soldiers, so the initial 3,500 may still change.
In Davao Region, the joint AFP-PNP personnel established 28 checkpoints. But Tito expects that number to increase as the elections draw near.
“Right now, the soldiers still continue to monitor and focus on supporting the Comelec and other partner agencies,” he added.
As provided by law, the Comelec deputizes various agencies and instrumentalities of the government, including the PNP and the AFP, to ensure secure the electoral exercise and ensure accurate, free, and fair elections.
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals