Thirty-five motorcycles were impounded during the Oplan Lambat Bitag Sasakyan yesterday afternoon to clear the city of suspected stolen and unregistered vehicles.
Sr. Insp. Maria Teesita Gaspan, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said the simultaneous operation started around 2:30 p.m. in Sta. Ana, San Pedro, Talomo, Sasa, Buhangin, Bunawan, Toril, Tugbok, and Calinan.
Gaspan said they confiscated 220 driver’s licenses, impounded 17 single motorcycles, 18 motorcycles with side-car, and issued citation tickets to 111 drivers for various serious traffic violations.
The impounded vehicles were endorsed to Traffic Group for proper disposition. The joint operation ended around 5:30 p.m. on the same day.
Also joining the joint operation was were the Task Force Davao, Land Transportation Office, Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, City Transport and Traffic Management Office, and Regional Mobile Force Battalion.
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms