MORE THAN 300 individuals received food packs during the relief operation of the Regional Community Affairs and Development of the Police Regional Office XI at Bunawan Gym on Thursday, Jan. 25.
The PRO-RCAD partnered with the Fraternal Order of Eagles in holding the activity for the families affected by the severe flooding last week in the city.
Major Jake Goles, Bunawan Police Station chief, also assisted in distributing food packs to the beneficiaries.
The individuals evacuated around 4:50 a.m. on Jan. 16 after a river reportedly overflowed at a waist level in Purok 2-A, Barangay Bunawan Proper.
Based on the record of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), there were 69 families or 143 individuals evacuated in the Bunawan area as of 10:38 a.m. on Tuesday.
Immediately, the Bunawan Police Station personnel conducted a preemptive evacuation of the residents together with the search and rescue team.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- UPMin’s mathematicians recommend continuing lockdown beyond April 19
- Avoidable tragedy
- Knowing some of energy modalities
- Timesman: Duterte is here!
- 1 rebel killed when NPA ambushes soldiers, cops
- Man with shabu, Handgun nabbed
- Davao City nerve center activated, hotlines shared
- NEW MARKET | WESM available in Mindanao starting December 26 – DOE
- Massive tree-cutting along Ma-a riverbanks: Councilor