THE DEPARTMENT of Human Settlements and Urban Development (DHSUD) identified areas in Lasang, Talomo, and Langub to develop subsidized housing for poor families in line with President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s Pambansang Bahay Para sa Pilipino Program or 4PH.
The flagship program of the President launched last September, aims to provide affordable housing to homeless Filipinos, targeting to build 6.5-million housing units within six years.
During the Kapihan sa PIA on Dec. 18, Presidential Assistant for Eastern Mindanao Leo Tereso Magno said, “We are preparing the final proposal and design, as part of the process, tiningnan ng mga developer ang area at magbibigay sila ng proposal kay City Mayor Sebastian Duterte, and ang LGU ang mag-dedecide kung tama ba ang design,” he said.
He also said the areas identified for housing were already properties of the city, and some areas were donated by private individuals and developers as “the available land for housing needs was deficient.”
Among the 380,000 housing units eyed for Davao Region, the DHSUD records about 180,000 for Davao City’s housing needs.
“We are really hoping na matapos ‘yung mga proposals ng iba’t ibang developers ngayong taon or at least sa January, para early next year ay maumpisahan natin ang 4PH ng Presidente,” he added.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 13, 2022
- College of Science students voice out concerns at the CS-wide student consultation
- Paradigm Shift | Democratic party plays identity politics and it is dangerous, Part 2
- Honoring my Mother | Touchy Touchy
- Haran probe opened | Police looking whether families inside are prevented from going home
- Councilor advises teachers: Go speak to the mayor first
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Mga patag ibabaw sa bungtod bahaon na karon!
- Guerrilla, activist surrender
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- IRR for Cancer Act may soon be out