ABOUT 200 barangays in the region still grapple with illegal drugs, an official of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI revealed.
During the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel on Wednesday, PDEA XI regional director Naravy Duquiatan told reporters that Davao City has 76 drug-affected barangays, followed by 46 in Davao del Norte, 33 in Davao del Sur, 22 in Davao de Oro, four in Davao Oriental, and two in Davao Occidental.
As of September 2023 data, 945 of the 1,162 barangays in Davao Region have been declared cleared of drugs. That leaves 217 barangays that are still struggling with drug prevalence.
The Regional Oversight Committee Barangay Drug Clearing, composed of the Department of Interior and Local Government, Department of Health, Police Regional Office XI, and representatives of the local government units, continues to assess barangays and implement programs to finally rid them of drugs.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher