THE military reported that two members of the New People’s Army (CNTs) were killed in an encounterwithmembers of the 36th Infantry battalion on Friday, April 29 in Lanuza, Surigao del Sur.
The report said the encounter took place when when members of the troops belonging to the battalion were conducting security operations and eventually figured in a five-minutes encounter with about10 communist rebels believed to be members of Guerilla Front 30 of the North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee (NEMRC) at Sitio Catupgas Brgy Nurcia, Lanuza.
Lt. Col. Michael Rey Reuyan, battalion commander, said after the clash, soldiers found the bodies of the two rebels.
However, Lt. Col. Reuyan said a soldier was also injured during the encounter.
The soldiers recovered an assault rifle, 5.56mm, M16; and a Cal .45 pistol.
Troops have been deployed to pursue the rebels.
AFP chief of staff General Andres Centino, lauded the operating troops for their operational success.
“We are saddened by another life wasted because of the senseless armed revolution of the communist NPA terrorists,” Gen. Centino said as he called again on other members of the terrorist group to surrender now while they still have a chance.
- Bong Go: 2 escapee soldiers deserve awards
- Brainstorm: The Next Generation | Police power
- P2-M worth of rare timber intercepted at Davao airport
- Rough Cuts | Inadvertently forgotten?
- Davao Skate Park to open March 15
- Level your drive with the new Toyota Vios
- Tessera Sparkling Diamonds for Christmas
- Reflections |Significance of Being Datu Bago Awardee
- Screen Shots | And the best films of 2019… are not in the Oscars
- Wanderlust | Rising above the challenges