Two suspected members of the New People’s Army (NPA) were killed in an encounter with government troopers in Digos City, Davao del Sur at 7:15 a.m., Friday.The identity of the two casualties are still unknown.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of the 10th Infantry Division, said a section of Bravo Company and Scout Platoon of the 39th Infantry Battalion were conducted operation in Sitio Lanan, Barangay Goma, Digos City when they encountered undetermined number of rebels, said to be under Guerilla Front 51, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee.
Lamosao said the soldiers patrolled the area upon receiving a report that rebels were sighted at the vicinity conducting extortion in the barangays.
The firefight lasted for 45 minutes.
The rebels withdrew to the south direction and soldiers were able to recover a high powered firearm from the site of the fighting. There was no casualty on the government side.
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day