THE DAVAO Travel Agencies Association (DTAA) will launch the 14th Davao Mega Travel Sale to attract more revenge travelers, offering special rates on tours, airline tickets, and other tourism products.
The event will be held from Feb. 24 to 25 at Abreeza Ayala Mall.
Pia Partoza Montano, DTAA president, said they expect a huge influx of travel enthusiasts, especially in Davao City, as the event offers good deals on outbound and inbound travel.
“We are expecting the influx of tourists, kasi mas higher pa ang interest nila to travel compared to as before, ngayon talaga grabe ang demand for airline tickets, and packages,” Montano said.
Montano said this will also be a venue for travel agents who are venturing into better promotions, promoting new products and markets.
She also mentioned some of the popular destinations that most Davaoeños travel to, such as Hong Kong, Europe, Japan, and South Korea. She said Europe was traveled more by Dabawenyos because “they’ve been saving up for the ultimate destination.”
About 25 exhibitors will also be present during the travel sale and will offer inbound packages, particularly region tour packages.
“If there is something that we can develop for tourism, that is, we need to attract more international tourists,” she said.
Department of Tourism (DOT) XI regional director Tanya Rabat-Tan also said efforts initiated by the private sector, such as DTAA’s Davao Mega Travel Sale “will surely help in travel promotions in the region.”
Based on the DOT XI data, a total of 2,325,825 tourist arrivals were recorded for the Davao Region for the third quarter of 2023.
- COVID-19 | 90% recovery rate logged in the city, says top doctor
- 2 more GCTA program beneficiaries surrender
- Local coaches mourn on Milo Best Center Sports founder’s death
- Wanderlust | Expo aims to lure more Filipino tourists
- Same restrictions in place as GCQ extended in Davao City
- …as key project needed to reduce air pollution
- Scene City: JIB International Schools awarded 4-Star International Center for Excellence
- NHA: 50 housing units for ex-rebs to be turned over in mid-Feb
- Bringing back the joys of Easter Sunday
- Scene City | Roselie Ng’s 60th birthday