FOURTEEN individuals were arrested for allegedly violating the liquor ban being enforced for this year’s Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) in the different areas in the region.
In an interview with reporters on Monday at Daniel R. Aguinaldo National High School, Police Regional Office XI director Brig Gen Alden Delvo said of the 14 violators, six were in Davao City; six in Davao del Sur; and four in Davao del Norte.
Under Comelec Resolution No. 10924, the liquor ban will run from Oct. 29 until 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 30. The ban covers “selling, furnishing, or offering” intoxicating liquor nationwide.
Under the Omnibus Election Code of the Philippines, violation of prohibited acts shall be punishable with imprisonment of not less than one year but not more than six years. It is also stated that violators are not subject to probation and shall suffer disqualification to hold public office and deprivation of the right of suffrage.
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals