DAVAO City 1st District Rep. Paolo Duterte has no plans of seeking a higher position after his name was constantly mentioned in senatorial surveys for the 2025 midterm elections.
“I started in politics serving Dabawenyos and I would like to retire doing the same. Besides the fact that I do not have the capacity to finance a nationwide campaign,” Duterte said in a statement.
Duterte said his savings “are alloted for his retirement and for the education of his children”.
The series of surveys conducted by numerous reputable survey firms placed Paolo Duterte from top 9 to 12, labeled as a high-potential senatorial candidate along with senators Bong Go and Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa, who are also from Davao City.
He admitted that it crossed his mind to run for senator at the urging of people close to him, particularly at the time when his father Rodrigo Duterte was still president. But he balked knowing the huge responsibility it entails.
“Hindi madaling iwan ang mga taong matagal ko nang pinagsisilbihan, ang mga Dabawenyos. Lastly I have to ask for my family’s blessing since they will be the ones who would be most affected by all the black propaganda that comes along with election season,” he added.
He also said a Duterte president and a vice president is enough contribution of their family to the country.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration