Love triangle was cited as a motive in a stabbing in Tigatto, Buhangin District at 11 p.m. of April 6.
Personnel from the Buhangin Police Station identified the victim as Gilbert Maasim, 22, security guard and a resident of Aprique, Tigatto, Buhangin.
The suspect, meanwhile, was Crisanto Mamacalias alias Antoy, 23, a construction worker and a resident of Purok 11, Barangay Communal, Buhangin.
The victim was walking along Tigatto road and stopped in front of HB1 store.
The suspect arrived and stabbed him with an ice pick on his left arm, left shoulder, and back.
He was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center while the suspect escaped.
According to the police, the suspect was the former boyfriend of the present live-in partner of the victim.
The suspect was arrested in a manhunt on April 7. He is now detained in Buhangin Police Station. (Mary Colleen C. Balbutin/UM Intern)
- Man sued for P3-M shabu
- Leni hit for comment on COVID-19 surge
- Dayanghirang: City to have a new congressional district
- Timesman | How I welcomed 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 3rd place finishes for RPVGCC squads in 73rd PAL Interclub
- Local priest dies of COVID-19 in Tagum
- MY TURN | Manila Bay Savior – Part 2
- Military flights to continue amid region air travel ban
- LGUs urged: Establish Halal councils