Authorities will deploy a maximum number of personnel to secure the political rally of President Rodrigo Duterte in Crocodile park this coming Friday.
In an interview yesterday at the Davao City Police Office headquarters, Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum said they conducted a series of meetings with the City Public Safety and Security Command Center to finalize the security plan.
Tagum said they are expecting a large crowd at the rally.
Personnel from the Police Regional Office XI also deployed additional personnel to augment the security force for the event.
“We will be deploying a number of security control points wherein those who will attend the rally will pass through these security control points ,” he said.
“They are the ones who will check belongings and conduct body frisking on the attendees,” he added.
Meanwhile, Tagum also urged the public to refrain from bringing backpacks to speed up the inspections.
“We are asking for your cooperation so that we cannot give more burden on our policemen,” he added.
In a separate interview, Col. Nolasco Mempin, the Task Force Davao commander, said they will just serve as support in the implementation of the security plan for the rally.
“The venue proper will be secured by the Presidential Security Group while TFD will basically provide security around the perimeter of Crocodile park,” Mempin said.
Crocodile Park was the site of one of the biggest political rallies for Duterte back in 2016 during the last day of campaign.
Organizers intended to break record set by Bangladesh in 2015 for a gathering of 264,000 singing the national anthem at the same time.
However, only about 94,000 showed up to the event out of the 300,000 target.
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day