Four alleged drug pushers were arrested by Toril police operatives after P250,000 worth of shabu were seized from them in a buy-bust operation in Makar, Barangay Baliok, Talomo District at 8:40 p.m. on Saturday.Chief Insp. Jerome De Guzman, commander of Toril Police Station, identified the suspects as Quin Estimada, 22, unemployed, a resident of Makar; Joy Amad Desierto, 29, a resident of Phase 1, Batolusa, Barangay Bangkas Heights, Toril District; Justine Duco, 22, a resident of Lower Rapnaga, Barangay Bago Aplaya, Talomo District; and Joselindo Alas-as Eranis Jr., 24, a resident of Puan, Barangay Talomo Proper, Talomo District.
During the buy-bust operation, a police operative bought a sachet of shabu for P500. Upon search, Estimada yielded 17 more sachets with an estimated street value of P250,000.
Meanwhile, the three other suspects were also caught in the act of having a shabu session at the place of the operation. Recovered from them were one disposable lighter, improvised aluminum funnel, and one aluminum tooter.
They are currently detained at the Toril Police Station while the recovered items were sent to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI for laboratory examination. They will face a charge for violation of sections 5, 11, and 14 of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. With reports from Jessica Joy Adumduman and Vincent James Toring/UM interns
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals