Beauty title holders all over Mindanao will compete for the title of Miss Earth Philippines Southern Mindanao 2019 on March.
Candidates will come from South Cotabato, North Cotabato, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao Occidental, Davao Oriental and Davao City.
Miss Earth is a week-long event that will be held on March 2 until its grand coronation night on March 9. The event is in line with Araw ng Dabaw.
Miss Earth Davao is a local franchise of Miss Earth Philippines with officers appointed by Carousel Productions to mount local pageant in the region.
The 18 official candidates will be introduced on March 2 at 6 p.m. through media presentation at Arcadia Active Lifestyle Center. On March 3, candidates will have a swimsuit competition at Arakan, North Cotabato.
“We visited the place yesterday, the place is beautiful and peaceful. We coordinated with the local government unit. It is one way to promote our environment,” Marlou Vales, executive officer of Miss Earth Philippines Davao said on Monday.
On March 4, there will be a tree-planting activity followed by charity visits.
“It is part of our mission to extend our helping hand not just to the community but for the environment in general because this is the only international pageant staged to promote our global environment,” Vales said.
Winners of the competition will automatically be part of the Miss Earth Philippines without undergoing screening of the national pageant as stated in the franchise agreement.
- BP2 Family Congress 2023 set
- Councilor requests colleagues to rally behind Lumad schools
- Penalosa predicts Pacquiao will score a KO against Spence
- ROUGH CUTS | These can be issues-in-waiting
- Editorial: Who cares for our old?
- Mindanao Delivers: Logistics leaders look to Davao for next supply chain hub
- Man nabbed for bomb joke
- DCWD offices closed on April 14 and 15, 2022
- 5 things to try this Kadayawan holiday
- TFD | 2 threats prompt stricter measures for Yuletide season