THE DURIAN Industry Association of Davao City (DIADC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Sabah Durian and Tropical Fruits Planters Association (MaSDA), to promote collaboration across a number of strategic areas for durian and other fresh fruit industries.
The MOU allows “trade visits between DIADC and MaSDA, support tourist arrivals of both countries particularly for agritourism, exchange technology and technical expertise, and to support import and export of durian, fruit related products and planting materials, via Brunei Darussalam – Indonesia – Malaysia – Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA).”
The signing ceremony was represented by DIADC president Emmanuel Belviz, and MaSDA representative Chairman Duane Evans, and witnessed by DIADC’s board of directors.
At the same time, the Planters Products Philippines (PPP) and RegalTech (M) Sdn Bhd, Malaysia, signed an MOU for the Durian Farm Management Project in North Cotabato, which establishes the framework of developing 500 acres of Moasunking Durian Farm Management Project in the Philippines.
The Regaltech Group from Malaysia is an Industry 4.0 solution provider in Process Instrumentation and Factory Automation to smarten systems, giving an added edge in tackling the modern market. Meanwhile, the PPP is also known for its service to Filipino farmers, particularly when it comes to agricultural chemical inputs.
The signing was represented by PPP chief operating officer Luis Rodriguez and Regaltech chief business officer Lynn Koh.
The ceremony was held during the Philippine Asia Durian Summit at SMX Convention Center, on Oct. 26.
- FINED, TOO | SEC revokes entity for fraud
- Rough Cuts | Time to throw his weight around
- EGALITARIAN | People’s welfare as an agenda
- Electronic producer CHROMANCE teams up with K-Pop group MOMOLAND for the new version of “Wrap Me In Plastic”
- Vegas Fuels reopens, grants Bayanihan Prices
- Recovery of tourism industry needs push, says executive
- GJAPS Pirates are 2019 Uraya Fortys hoop champs
- Wanderlust | Gulangyu: An island of history
- DLSU gets 2nd win in 34th Kadayawan hoop
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Too much katol