Outgoing Davao City Police Office director, Col. Alexander Tagum, is appointed the new senior executive assistant of Philippine National Police Acting Director General Archie Gamboa.
Meanwhile, Col. Kirby Kraft of the Police Regional Office 3 Highway Patrol Group is the new Davao City Police Office director.
In an interview yesterday at the sidelines of his arrival honors, Gamboa, said, “Kirby Kraft is known to me because we (work) before in Calabarzon, I think he’s from Laguna,” Gamboa said.
“Then, Alex Tagum will be my senior executive assistant,” he added. “He deserves a great break. ”
Tagum’s position is equivalent to the chief of staff, which Gamboa described as a “take-off position.”
“So, his performance in Kidapawan is good and here in Davao City, and I think he can do the job as a senior executive assistant,” he further said.
Kraft was a member of Philippine National Police Academy class 1994. His latest assignment was the regional chief of the Highway Patrol Group 3.
Kraft also has the support of Mayor Sara Duterte probably because of his “track record,” Gamboa said.
“I know the vetting process of the local government unit of Davao is very intensive, and I respect that, ” he added.
In a separate interview yesterday, Tagum said the turnover ceremony will be on Friday around 2 p.m. with Mayor Sara Duterte as the guest of honor and speaker at the DCPO headquarters.
“I have not submitted any recommendation because I was not asked, ” he added.
Kraft, he said, is a close friend of his late brother, Lt. Col. Jonathan Tagum, of the Special Action Force, as they both belong to Class ’94.
Meanwhile, Tagum said he is now preparing for his new assignment. He cited as his greatest accomplishment the ranking of Davao City is one of the safest cities in the country, based on the report of Numbeo.com.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration