The Davao Food Terminal Complex (DFTC) in Daliao, Toril is expected to be inaugurated within the next two months and will become the primary trading center for farm produce in the city, an official said.
Regional Director Maria Lourdes Lim of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) said the opening of the facility is something to look forward to this year.
Leo Brian Leuterio, City Agriculturist’s Office (CAO) head, said the DFTC will be operated in cooperation with the Federation of Farmers Cooperative in Davao City.
Arturo M. Milan, Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said that the operations of the facility will also help farmers increase their income because it will slowly provide them with a better facility to trade their products as well as slowly curb the interventions of middle persons.
“We need this facility so that income of farmers will increase and will also result in higher production as well reduce postharvest losses,” Milan said.
e facility aims to provide farmers with timely access to information, especially on prices and direct links to markets.
The DFTC was initially set to open during Kadayawan Festival last year, but was postponed to October. However, the opening was eventually delayed.
In March 2018, the NEAD Board approved the P1.086 billion budget for the DFTC with technical and financial assistance provided by the Department of Agriculture in coordination and the city government
In its report, the regional office of the NEDA XI said social preparation of activities and profiling of farmers is still on-going and that finalization in the preparation processes is expected to be completed before its official opening.
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms