SOLDIERS from the Eastern Mindanao Command and its subordinate units underwent a financial literacy lecture in the Naval Station Felix Apolinario in Panacan.
Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of EastMinCom, said the effort is in relation to the concern raised by President Rodrigo R. Duterte on the financial difficulty of some soldiers and policemen despite the effort of the government of increasing their salaries.
Balagtey said the financial literacy was one of the priorities in a directive of Maj. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr. when he assumed leadership of the EastMinCom.
“Let us teach our soldiers to be financially literate for them to learn how to prioritize and spend wisely. The increase that was given by the President is for their future. It also enhances our dignity if we use it wisely,” Santos said.
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals