- P800-K worth of drugs, 11 guns confiscated during ten-day DCPO operations
NEARLY P800,000 worth of illegal drugs and 11 firearms were seized during a ten-day simultaneous law enforcement operation in the city from Oct. 20 to 29.
Davao City Police Office director Col Alberto Lupaz said the 110 total operations resulted in the seizure of 108.2115 grams of shabu and 275.4576 grams of marijuana, with an estimated street market value of P768,892.84.
Lupaz said they also arrested 129 suspects from buy-busts, serving of warrants, and other operations for the same period.
Moreover, the DCPO also cracked down on illegal gambling after arresting 160 suspects and confiscating P28,640 in bet money in 56 law enforcement operations.
“In our commitment to delivering justice, DCPO achieved a significant milestone by apprehending 175 individuals with outstanding warrants,” he added.
Meanwhile, the city police also intensified their campaign against loose firearms as they arrested 11 suspects and seized 11 guns from 26 operations in the same ten-day period. Meanwhile, two more firearms were surrendered to the authorities during that span.
“These exceptional achievements are a testament to the unwavering dedication of DCPO and the tireless efforts of each PNP personnel,” Lupaz said. “Let’s continue working together, striving for excellence to maintain peace and order and create a safer and more secure Davao City.”
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day