The City Government showcased products and tourism activities of partner local government units through the first Sister City and Consular Offices exhibit at SM Lanang.The said exhibit was launched on March 16 and ran until Sunday, March 17.
Participating local cities include Angeles City; Marikina City; San Juan City; Quezon City; Liloan, Cebu; while international cities and consulate include Jinjiang and Nanning, China; Kitakyushu, Japan; and the Consulate of Indonesia.
“This is the first trade fare and exhibit organized by the city government of Davao through the assistance of the Davao City Investment Promotion Center, and the Davao City International Relations Board,” DCIPC head Lemuel G. Ortonio said in an interview at the sidelines of the exhibit.
Ortonio also explained that the exhibit is the city’s “way of helping out sister cities particularly in letting Davaoeños know more about them.”
“This was also organized to let them know what their products are, as well as their landmarks and other tourism activities available. We hope that we can grow our sister city family here in Davao,” said Ortonio.
Ortonio said they always welcome more agreements that will benefit Davaoenos.
“Davao city is a sister city to peace-loving cities. We welcome anyone who will express their intent to establish a sister city with Davao,” said Ortonio.
\Although not all of the eight domestic and seven international sister cities were able to participate, they are still positive about the turnout of the fair.
“Although not all are present because of prior events in their localities, this is still a very good number,” said Ortonio.
- Food delivery service donates food to frontliners
- WANDERLUST | DOT Xl bares accomplishments for 2021
- Mobile loans do much to ease unbanked Filipinos’ financial burden
- CTTMO: Some car owners refuse to pay parking fee
- Discover new things with your 1st e-wallet: GCash Jr.
- Urban Ape | 1 + 1 = 11
- Relieved and probed
- EastMinCom chief says COVID-19 won’t curtail operations vs. Reds
- Scene City | Visiting El Don Resort in Governor Generoso
- ROUGH CUTS | Where are ‘In aid of legislation’ laws?