THE 10th infantry Division and its partners declared Davao del Norte “insurgency-free” in an event at the Tagum City gymnasium Monday.
In his message, Major. Gen. Nolasco A. Mempin, commander of the division, said the achievement was not an easy one as the communists were perpetrating violence in the province, but local government units and their communities helped the units and other groups to succeed.
“Let us all commit to ensure na hindi na kailanman muling maagaw pa mula sa atin ng kahit na sinong komunista o terorista ang mapayapa at masaganang buhay na matagal nating ipinaglaban at pinagsikapang makamtan,” he said as he cited the unit, the Police Regional Office and other agencies were instrumental in neutralizing the insurgents.
This developed as soldiers of the unit recovered a dozen firearms in Tankalaw, Barangay Coronobe, Maragusan, Davao De Oro on the same day.
Captain Mark Anthony Tito, Public Affairs Office chief of the division, said the the firearms were an M60 light machine gun, two AK-47 rifles, two grenade launchers, an M16 Elisco rifle, ab M16 Bushmaster, a Metroarms Firebird M4 rifle, and three M16 A1 Elisco rifles.
Mempin lauded the soldiers for the achievement, saying “the high sense of professionalism of our soldiers made it easier for the Filipino people, and the former rebels to have their trust and confidence to Armed Forces and government as a whole.“
The insurgency free declaration was done after the military dismantled the units of the communist movement.
- AFP hopes localized talks to solve insurgency, say
- City to deliver food packs to families affected by Taal
- Davao City feted as top-performing LGU for VaxCertPH implementation
- Former rebels see sights in HK courtesy of President Duterte
- Ninja Van PH celebrates 5 years of excellence
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and TESDA partner to refurbish skills workshop laboratory
- Payday ready
- MY ART THOUGHTS | The Value of Art Critique
- Piñol to decide whether to run for senate by next week