In just less than three months, the Task Force Davao has already confiscated more than P1 million worth of illegal drugs in the city’s checkpoints.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, TFD commander, said they have intercepted the transport of shabu and marijuana, worth P1,303,630, into the city since the start of the year.
They seized 36.39 grams of shabu, worth P457,850, and seven kilos and 38.08 grams of marijuana, worth P845,780.
Based on the TFD record, 12 persons were apprehended for sneaking in shabu, while nine others were arrested for marijuana.
Mempin said all the 21 arrested suspects were properly turned over to the police for the filing of appropriate case.
The TFD mans the three entry and exit points in the city – Lasang in Bunawan, Sirawan in Toril and Lacson in Calinan. Initially intended as precautionary action against terrorism, checkpoint inspectors later included anti-drug in the operation.
- FINED, TOO | SEC revokes entity for fraud
- Rough Cuts | Time to throw his weight around
- EGALITARIAN | People’s welfare as an agenda
- Electronic producer CHROMANCE teams up with K-Pop group MOMOLAND for the new version of “Wrap Me In Plastic”
- Vegas Fuels reopens, grants Bayanihan Prices
- Recovery of tourism industry needs push, says executive
- GJAPS Pirates are 2019 Uraya Fortys hoop champs
- Wanderlust | Gulangyu: An island of history
- DLSU gets 2nd win in 34th Kadayawan hoop
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Too much katol