THE OBSERVANCE of All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day on Nov. 1 and 2, as well as the recent Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections, was generally peaceful, according to the Davao City Police Office (DCPO).
“Undas is a very peaceful… although there is a reported shooting incident in Ecoland, it was a personal grudge and the suspect was arrested,” DCPO director Col Alberto Lupaz told reporters on Friday in a press conference held at its headquarters.
He also said the police confiscated sharp objects like a flat screwdriver and a pair of long-nose pliers but these were not considered weapons, so they made no arrests. “Davaoeños learned already when it comes to the bringing of prohibited items inside cemeteries,” he said.
Lupaz thanked his personnel, including the assistance of Task Force Davao, for securing families visiting their loved ones and individuals voting at the poll centers.
The police deployed 3,090 personnel as of 5:45 p.m. on Nov. 2, 1,683 personnel from the DCPO; 42 police assistance desks on 40 memorial parks and other convergence areas to ensure public safety.
DCPO spokesperson Captain Hazel Tuazon said 24,765 visited different cemeteries.
Tuazon added that no one was caught drinking, especially after implementing the “no overnight stay” policy, including the ban on videokes and other loud sound systems. But the police confiscated 23 sticks of assorted cigarettes and four e-cigarette vapes, which were also prohibited inside cemeteries.
Meanwhile, Lupaz also declared as successful the security plan for the elections.
“We anticipated other minor reports and areas with poor signal but naayos naman. May mga area tayo na may ipaabot na communication,” he added.
“So, definitely the BSKE is very peaceful and successful. All ballot boxes were already returned to the City Treasurer’s Office and all winners were proclaimed,” he further said.
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms