Around 788 newly promoted police non-commissioned officers (PNCOS) of the Davao City Police Office took their oath to a next higher rank at the DCPO grounds early morning yesterday.
City Police Office director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum administered the oathtaking and mass pinning of ranks. He said this overwhelming number of new officers is due to DCPO’s personnel outstanding performance based on the yearly periodic rating in administrative and operational accomplishments.
The DCPO bagged the National Award for Best City Police Office of the Year and Best City Mobile Force of the Year and primarily provided successful security coverage to major activities both international and local events held in the city.
“This is so because we have produced the best, tough, hardworking, disciplined, and committed Davao’s finest worthy of a well-deserved promotion,” he said.
Tagum said these new officers will be taking on additional responsibility commensurate to their rank from Police Officer 1 patrollers to their new function as team leaders.
Meanwhile, Tagum said more PNP personnel were transferred to the DCPO from Police Regional Office 11 headed by Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales as his promise to Mayor Sara Duterte.
“From 1,800 PNP personnel, we are now around 2,200 excluding 1,500 police auxiliary,” he added.
“As what you can see, we have more police in the headquarters with the additional personnel most of them rookies who are PO1s assigned in the city,” he said.
“So we can say that the service and protection to the people will be doubled,” he further said.
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Homesick and sick of home
- Random Thoughts | Plan “B” for Federalism
- BOOSTER DOSES | Frontliners a priority as city launches third vaccine shots to boost immunity
- LTFRB eyes new jeepney routes to city’s hinterlands
- Honoring my Mother | Street Feet
- 154 illegal trikes registered
- Hagonoy poor family adopted by PNP
- Kadayawan ‘20 execom formed
- Rough Cuts: Can we suffer indignities?
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this silence the ‘calm before the storm’?