The Davao Historical Society with La Herencia Davao will hold the regular Throwback Thursday to mark the 52nd commemoration of Martial Law in the country. The forum will highlight the contribution of women who figured prominently in the Yellow Friday Movement in the 1980s.
The theme, “Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria,’’ will bring together former members who will share their experiences during those years so that the new generation can appreciate the events leading to the 1986 Peaceful Revolution in our nation’s history.
The forum will have Dr. Rizalina Pangan and former Social Welfare Asst. Secretary Luzviminda Ilagan as guests, with other women who were also leading the protest movement in the city.
Patmei Ruivivar, DHS vice president said this will be a space for young people to hear the actual experiences during those times in this age of too much diverse information. She said one of the prominent leaders was Nanay Soling Duterte, mother of former President Rodrigo
“We want to highlight women’s contribution in changing the situation for the better. Even during the pandemic, women were leading the community relief operations, sewing PPEs for frontliners, and doing community service to alleviate the plight of those in need, Ruivivar said..
The event is open to the public and will be at the Pavilion of La Herencia, F. Torres St. at 2pm on Thursday, September 21, 2023.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order