Cebu Pacific (PSE: CEB), the Philippines’ leading airline, reaffirms its commitment to environmental conservation by joining the 37th International Coastal Cleanup (ICC) on September 16, 2023.
The ICC, organized by the nonprofit organization Ocean Conservancy, is the world’s largest volunteer effort for ocean’s health.
This year, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) said 35,000 Filipinos came together to clean up coastal areas across the country.
CEB contributed significantly to this effort by mobilizing a team of volunteers who worked with government agencies, private sector entities, academe, and civil society groups to collect and document waste at the Manila Baywalk Dolomite Beach.
“At Cebu Pacific, we go the extra mile— not just in the services we provide, but also in the initiatives we support. Our participation in the International Coastal Cleanup shows our enduring commitment to foster a culture of volunteerism among our employees and support larger efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment,” said Felix Lopez, Cebu Pacific’s Chief Human Resources Officer.
CEB’s participation in this year’s ICC aligns with its broader corporate social responsibility (CSR) pillars, which emphasizes environmental stewardship. By taking an active role in events like the ICC, CEB upholds its commitment to promote sustainable tourism and support nation-building efforts for every Juan.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order