THE DAVAO City Police Office (DCPO) recorded 69 cases of robbery and theft from Jan. 1 to Sept. 10.
DCPO’s data showed 29 robbery cases and 40 theft incidents were recorded during that period.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, DCPO Spokesperson, said 28 out of 29 robbery cases have been cleared or identified and the suspects have been charged. Meanwhile, 23 have been solved or arrested and the suspects have been charged.
Based on that record, the Crime Clearance Efficiency (CCE) in robbery cases is 96.55% while the Crime Solution Efficiency (CSE) is 79.31%.
In comparison, the DCPO cleared all 53 robbery cases and solved 33 for the same period last year. As for theft cases, the police cleared 102 and solved 93.
The CCE refers to the rate of cleared cases from the total crimes while the CSE indicates the percentage of cases solved for a given period. The police consider a case solved if the suspect is arrested and later charged.
As for the theft case, Tuazon said 36 of the theft cases are already considered resolved.
Recently, two robbery incidents occurred in Puan and Cataluna Grande under the area of responsibility of the Talomo Police Station.
City police director Col Alberto Lupaz directed the station commanders to resolve the crimes immediately and conduct proactive measures to prevent similar incidents in the future.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC