THE DEPARTMENT of Labor and Employment (DOLE) XI and PBA Party-list will launch Oplan Kabuhayan Jobs Fair 2023 at SM City Davao on Sept. 23.
DOLE XI also collaborated with the city government, particularly the Public Service Employment Office for the event.
During the Kapihan sa PIA on Sept. 11, Atty. Randolff Pensoy, DOLE-XI regional director said 25 have already confirmed to join among the invited 40 local employers, with 1,804 job vacancies.
“Our employment rate mataas masyado ngayon, but we will not relax, we still have to fight even if we have attained the 96.7% as of the labor force survey, we have to challenge the remaining 3.3% for unemployment,” Pensoy said.
Pensoy stressed that they are fully committed to providing services and manpower for the particular purpose of the PBA Party-list’s program.
PBA Party-list Rep. Margarita Nograles said the event “will not just only serve a place where people can find jobs, but also see this as a testament, strength, and resiliency of Davaoeños especially from the pandemic.”
Nograles reported that as of April 2023, the 15-year-old above labor force comprises 3,759,933 in the Davao Region, wherein the employment rate from April 2023 is at 96.7% and the unemployment rate is 3.3%.
“Actually mas maganda natong rate nato because compared to that of January 2022, our employment rate was at 95.5%, and our unemployment was 4.5%, so malaki yung tumaas sa ating employment, and bumaba ang ating unemployment,” Nograles said.
Nograles said this would not be possible without the collaborative effort from DOLE, SM City Davao, and other partner agencies.
“We will not just stop there, until hopefully, with the partnership of DOLE and the city government, makakaabot tayo ng sana, 100%,”
Among the top job vacancies are delivery riders, operation management trainees, bus conductors and drivers, food beverage and servers, cashiers, machine operators, sales managers, property sales consultants, and front office associates.
For overseas job vacancies, offered are the health care professionals, cleaners, plumbers, construction workers, engineers, technicians, salon workers, and teachers.
The Oplan Kabuhayan Jobs Fair 2023 is the third such activity held in SM City Davao this year.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order