THE DAVAO City Police Office (DCPO) is intensifying the operation against bora-bora or modified mufflers and other illegal vehicle accessories after collecting nearly P2 million in fines in a week.
Based on the report from Sept. 3 to 9, DCPO chief Col Alberto Lupaz said they issued a total of 75 (citation tickets) amounting to P35,000 and collected P35,0000 in total CTC/TOP (Temporary Operators Permit) citations.
In addition, he said the team conducted 294 operations related to RA 4136 (Land Transportation and Traffic Code), issuing 267 TOPs totalling P533,283.
Furthermore, the DCPO also issued 2,581 citation tickets, resulting in substantial fines amounting to P1,233,503 from 679 operations in relation to City Ordinance 0334-12 (Local Traffic code).
Collectively, the director said they collected P1,835,786 in fines from all violators.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC