THE OFFICE of the Presidential Assistant for Eastern Mindanao (Opamine) is pushing for environment-friendly infrastructure development in Southern Philippines.
During the opening of the Philconstruct Mindanao 2023 Expo on Sept. 7, 2023, Sec. Leo Magno said President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. is determined to expand former president Rodrigo Duterte’s “Build, Build, Build” program.
“As we all know, Mindanao is a beautiful place, and all of us Mindanaoans are hoping that we can preserve that beauty amidst the innovations,” Magno said.
Magno said the country is able “to build infrastructures which will also preserve the beauty of nature,” as the expo featured the advancements made in the construction sector, bringing the latest innovations used internationally.
Magno also shared that the Philippine Constructors Association plays a big role in achieving a better Philippines.
“Construction equates to development and development equates to economic stability. Your role in the private sector is a big help for us in the government. Your group now has become a partner for nation-building that embodies excellence,” he said in his speech.
The Philconstruct Mindanao 2023 Expo is one of the largest construction trade shows in the country, held at SMX Davao Convention in Lanang from Sept. 7-9, 2023.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC