- Region’s promotion efforts revolve around the ‘Diversity is Beauty’ tagline
THE DEPARTMENT of Tourism (DOT) XI launched its new Davao branding, “Diversity is Our Beauty,” establishing the concept that there is more to the region than what is commonly known.
During the PEP Talks at SM Lanang on Sept. 5, Tanya Rabat-Tan, DOT-XI regional director, explained that being diverse is actually the strength of the region itself.
“It is seen in our rich heritage, our bold innovations, our nature’s harvests, and there is diversity in our language, in our industries, our entertainment and adventures. We are five provinces and one city, and that would seem to have too many different things going on at once,” Tan said.
The new branding was discussed together with each of the five provinces, including Davao City, as this will be a stepping stone to developing new ideas used for marketing promotions and tourism destinations.
Tan mentioned the various weaves incorporated with the brand are the main strengths of the region as a whole.
“In the provinces, may mga unique beauty din sila to offer. We’re actually pushing provinces to people to go further, not just limited to domestic, but also foreign tourists, to explore,” Tan added.
Tan also said that with the new brand, they hope to push more foreign and local tourists to travel to Davao City, as the new identity might carry potential markets and business missions for the Davao region.
The DOT XI’s branding launch came on the heels of a major campaign blunder, led by Tourism Secretary Christina Garcia-Frasco, after spending P49 million on the “Love the Philippines” campaign. The fallout led to the scrapping of its deal with advertising firm Doyle, Dane and Bernbach (DDB) Philippines.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC