THE CITY council of Davao appointed retired colonel Alfredo D. Baloran as Department Head II of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO).
Councilor Alberto Ungab passed a resolution under suspended rules during the 33rd regular session on Sept. 5.
The resolution is pursuant to the city ordinance to upgrade the CDRRMO, which is required to be headed by a department head II.
In his speech, Baloran extended his appreciation to Mayor Sebastian Duterte for entrusting him with the management of the CDRRMO and its functions.
“We will do our part for our services to the city government of Davao and of course to our community whom we are going to serve especially, during disasters,” Baloran said.
Baloran will head the CDRRMO in the harmonization efforts in Disaster Risk Reduction and Management by capacitating and empowering communities and stakeholders and “strengthening collective disaster risk reduction and management capabilities.”
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC