THE 2023 Gawad Pampublikong Aklatan (GPA) recognized the Davao City Library and Information Center (DCLIC) for its exemplary performance in public service.
DCLIC bagged the 2022 Public Library of the Year Award for its utmost commitment to providing “library services to 164, 205 clients (physical and online users in 2022,” serving as an inspiration for various public libraries in the country.
It was also hailed as the Most Innovative Public Library Award for the Adaptive Library Programs and Activities Conducted for continuous innovation and developing programs and activities to advance Philippine public librarianship.
The National Library of the Philippines and The Asia Foundation conferred the awards to DCILC officer-in-charge Salome Enoc on Aug. 25 at the Epifanio Delos Santos Auditorium NLP, Ermita Manila.
“We made it again. This time, we bagged two! We are humbled that our dedication to serving the Davaoeños has been recognized, inspiring us to improve our services. We would also like to thank the City Government of Davao for its unending support,” CLIC said in a Facebook post.
This is not the first time for the city library to receive such an award as was hailed the Most Innovative Public Library in Adaptive Library Services and Programs last GPA 2022 at the Sheraton Hotel, Manila.
The GPA 2022 acknowledged the city library’s initiatives in providing electronic learning and satellite areas in the city during the pandemic.
Photo courtesy: National Library of the Philippines
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order