BURGLARS carted away at least P400,000 when they ransacked a Choicemart grocery store in Puan, including the ATM and pay-and-go machine, around 6:20 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 30.
According to the report of Talomo Police Station, the employee walked with the security guard to clear the area when they found out that the store was ransacked.
The P400,000 came from the cash safety box of the grocery store. So, the police still could not determine the total amount pilfered from the BDO ATM and the loading machine.
Investigators recovered two empty Gatorade bottles, two Realleaf bottles, and Nestea bottles. They were sent for laboratory examination to extract DNA and crossmatch the results with their records.
Major Rosario T. Aguilar, Talomo Police Station commander, said the suspects gained entrance through a manhole from the road. They then bored a hole through the concrete floor in the pharmacy area.
“Talomo Police operatives, both from the Investigation and Intelligence Section, are on the ground currently conducting a full investigation to solve the case. We are still checking and reviewing any available CCTV footage near the area to help us in the identification of the suspects,” Aguilar said.
“I am also calling anyone who has information that can assist, no matter how insignificant it may seem… Call our hotline numbers or 911 at the earliest opportunity,” she added.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew