THE DEPARTMENT of the Interior and Local Government XI believes the number of candidates for the upcoming Sangguniang Kabataan on Oct. 30 may increase.
Alex Roldan, regional director of DILG XI, made the assumption based on the higher honorarium that the SK kagawad, treasurer, and secretary will receive.
Based on the Department of Budget and Management Implementing Guidelines, the salary received by SK members, including the SK treasurer and secretary, must not be higher than the monthly salary of their SK Chairman.
The honorarium must not also exceed more than 25% of the SK funds for personnel services.
Recently, the Commission on Election (Comelec) XI said the number of registered voters in the region for the barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) decreased by around 27,000 in the region due to multiple registrations.
Speaking at the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, Atty Gay Enumerables, Comelec XI spokesperson, said the registered SK voters dropped by 6,000 and regular voters by 21,000.
The number of regular registered voters is 3,350,146 and 1,095,015 for the SK, with a total of 4,445,161 voters and 1,444 voting centers.
There are a total of 1,162 barangays, 21,627 precincts, and 9,558 clustered/groups precincts in the region.
“But you have to take note that the SK and Barangay voters slightly overlapped because the regular voters age from 18 up while the SK is 15 years old to 30, so there is an overlap from 18 to 30 years old,” she added.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order