THE TEBOW CURE Children’s Hospital reported a total of 1,871 surgeries for 2022 until June 30 this year, all with zero billing.
During the PEP Talks at SM Lanang on Tuesday, Peter L. Cowles, Tebow CURE executive director revealed they conducted 663 Cleft Palate, 392 Cleft Lip, 507 Orthopedic and 309 other specialized surgeries.
To reach this number, Cowles said the hospital had to see 400 different appointments such as pre-surgery, post-surgery and repeat appointments every week.
He recognized the contribution of various organizations and donors in achieving a large number of surgical procedures done.
Cowles said there is a total of P145.7 million in hospital funds for the year 2023-2024. Of this total, 38% comes from international donors, 28% from Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC), 13% from SMILE Train, 11% from local donors, and 7% from government funds.
“The cost of surgeries is substantial and in order to give surgery to a family with no charge and they walk out the hospital with no billing, it requires a lot of people to be involved. We have support from the Philippine system, we have support from DSWD, CSO, Lingap and local donors. Altogether, we can produce that zero billing for the patients,” Cowles said.
Cowles said they continue to extend their healthcare services in rural and far-flung areas. Just recently, they visited the areas of Digos, Davao del Sur, Maragusan, Davao de Oro, and Misamis. They are set to visit Malaybalay, Bukidnon this week.
Tebow CURE also conducts mobile clinics, bringing ‘doctors on the go’ to neighboring cities such as Mati City, which just signed a memorandum of agreement with hospital executives last April 14.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC