- Police pick up 2 minors who spray-painted coastal road
TWO MINORS were rescued after they spray-painted graffiti on a portion of the Davao City Coastal Road in Trading, Boulevard, Barangay 37-D.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) spokesperson, only identified the two minors as alias Brix, 17, and Newang, 13, both residents of Purok 5, Bucana, Barangay 76-A.
Tuazon said the two were picked up from the area.
According to the report, around 4 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 21, 2023, DCPO director Col Alberto Lupaz ordered the Ecoland Police Station commander to identify the perpetrators.
Subsequently, Police Station 15 Ecoland, under the leadership of Major Rosario Aguilar, conducted a thorough investigation that led to the identity of the two minors. They were then taken to the barangay hall along with their parents.
The first phase of the nine-kilometer P10.3-billion Davao Coastal Road Project was opened to the public last July 1 enhancing the road network and solving chronic traffic demands.
It stretches the coastal lines of the junction Davao Cotabato, passing through Bago-Aplaya, Talomo, Matina Aplaya (Times Beach), Roxas Avenue Section to Sta. Ana Wharf, then R. Castillo St.
Photo courtesy of JB Benitez FB page
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC