- Amateur baller arrested at checkpoint over shabu
AN AMATEUR basketball player was arrested while passing through the Lasang checkpoint after authorities found illegal drugs in his possession around 6 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 21.
The suspect was identified as Charles Justin Lazarte, 25, who plays in a commercial league, a resident of Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, the Davao City Police Office spokesperson, said Lazarte was flagged down at the light vehicle inspection area and the joint police and Task Force Davao personnel allegedly found shabu weighing 0.20 grams with an estimated street value of P3,200 with him.
The suspect is now in the custody of the Bunawan Police Station while he faces a case for violating Sec 11 of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
In a related report, Jasper Vivarez Divinagracia, 34, unemployed, a resident of Denias Village, Puting Lupa, San Antonio, Agdao District was handcuffed following a buy-bust in Purok West B of the same barangay.
Police reportedly seized P200,000 worth of shabu from Divinagracia who Tuazon said was a top 2 city-level drug suspect.
According to the report, the suspect sold drugs to the undercover operative in exchange for P24,500. They later seized three big packs of shabu from Divinagracia, totalling P200,000.
The suspect is now in the custody of the Davao City Police Office facing a case for violating Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
Photo courtesy of Davao City Police Office
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order