THE MAGALLANES Elementary School Drum and Lyre Corps from Davao City grabbed the grand prize of P800,000 for the Hudyaka sa Kadayawan 2023 held at San Pedro Square on Aug. 20.
The drum and lyre band also earned the Best Music award during the competition.
Following the champion was Carmen National High School Marching Band, Mintal Comprehensive High School Drum and Lyre Corps for third place, Blue Phoenix Drum and Bell Corps from Juan Dela Cruz Central Elementary School in fourth place, and Tagum City Youth Symphonic Band as the fifth placer.
Meanwhile, among the 13 entries, Alorica Teleservices Incorporated’s “Own Your Future” won first place for the Pamulak sa Kadayawan, Gamay Category, showcasing their unique floral festival float.
The Alorica’s float displayed a big white horse at the center, embodying the power and strength in their respective fields, working to cultivate a bountiful harvest. The majestic eagle displayed at the back of the float, bravery and courage, live in the fearless hearts of their people.
Consequently, VXI Global Holdings B.V.’s “Kahayag sa Kalipay” won first place for the Daku Category, exhibiting a vibrant celebration for Davao City.
VXI Global Holdings presented their festival float which advocates “a cradle of varied culture, where history and art blend harmoniously.”
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC