AUTHORITIES seized more than P1 million worth of shabu in a buy-bust operation against a high-value individual in Calinan District on Friday, August 18.
Police identified the suspect as Rowie Comendador Gonzales, 39, separated, unemployed, and a resident of Purok 2, Barangay Subasta, Calinan.
Gonzales yielded 80 grams of shabu worth P1,280,000 when his arrest was announced during a buy-bust at around 2:45 p.m. on Friday.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said the suspect was among their high-profile targets being listed as the top 1 city-level drug personality.
Anti-narcotics agents confiscated another four sachets of shabu, a weighing scale and other drug paraphernalia from Gonzales.
The suspect is now under the custody of the Ma-a Police Station facing a case for violation of Sec. 5, 11 & 12 of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC