THE NATIONAL Book Development Board launched the Philippine Book Festival 2023, an opportunity to meet renowned local authors and publishers, at the SMX Convention Center on Friday, Aug. 18.
The PBF featured four realms and varieties of books: Kid Lit (a land just for kids), Komiks (Pinoy komiks), Booktopia (fiction and non-fiction titles), and Aral Aklat (educational textbook and materials).
The Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY), Komiket, the Philippine Educational Publishers Association (PEPA), the Book Development Association of the Philippines (BDAP), and other top organizations in the book publishing industry joined the event.
Also present at the festival are the Department of Education teachers and faculty, local authors, and university institutions, among others.
With a total of 132 publishers and 500 different book genres, the three-day event will run until Aug. 20 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew