- Ciudad Medical Zamboanga is bringing the first ACUSON Sequoia Crown Edition Ultrasound System with Ultrasound Derived Fat Fraction (UDFF) technology to the country to address non-invasive liver screening gaps in the Mindanao region
- ACUSON Sequoia Crown Edition with Ultrasound Derived Fat Fraction (UDFF) technology is the first-of-its-kind ultrasound system in the country and in Asia Pacific
- Ciudad Medical Zamboanga recognizes the importance of early liver screening and diagnosis to alleviate cases of liver diseases and prevent Filipinos from falling victim to this “silent epidemic”
Ciudad Medical Zamboanga (CMZ), a private hospital located in Zamboanga City strengthens access to quality healthcare as it launches the first ACUSON Sequoia Crown Edition in the Philippines. The first-of-its-kind system in Asia Pacific, ACUSON Sequoia features the intelligent Ultrasound Derived Fat Fraction (UDFF) technology, which belongs to the latest ultrasound flagship series from Siemens Healthineers. It is designed to support radiology departments which require a broad range of non-invasive exams in cases such as breast, musculoskeletal, and most notably, liver.
The UDFF feature, now available on ACUSON Sequoia, also offers innovative technology which supports clinicians in the early detection of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
for nearly any patient body type. Moreover, it allows them to swiftly and non-invasively classify hepatic steatosis with a clear cut-off value of >5%, offering a similar clinical utility to Magnetic Resonance Imaging – Proton Density Fat Fraction (MRI-PDFF).
“We have witnessed how early detection can be the key in alleviating various diseases. That is why we are proud to launch the ACUSON Sequoia Crown Edition at Ciudad Medical Zamboanga, the first-of-its-kind in the Philippines and in the Asia Pacific. With this new ultrasound system, we will further strengthen our capabilities as the trusted hospital in the region, give our patients in Zamboanga City and nearby provinces better access to latest technology in screening and diagnosis of liver, and together fight this silent epidemic,” said Atty. Jhihann C. Hairun-Natividad, President of Ciudad Medical Zamboanga.
According to the data presented by the Philippine College of Physicians in 20221, about 10- 20% of Filipinos have nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) – a liver injury which may potentially lead to diseases like to cirrhosis, liver failure, or can even become liver cancer. It is considered a “silent epidemic” because it shows no symptom at the early stages until the condition becomes fatal, thus becoming a growing concern to physicians. Ultrasound offers a quick and non-invasive method in determining liver fat quantification alongside liver stiffness.
“Many people are susceptible to liver disease without having any knowledge of its symptoms until it is too late. We are happy that Cuidad Medical Zamboanga is taking the lead in promoting early detection and diagnosis of any potential liver disease. Because knowing early is better than finding out too late. By providing access to noninvasive screening options for patients, more lives can be saved,” said Michael Schmermer, President and Managing Director of Siemens Healthineers Philippines.
“With ACUSON Sequoia Crown Edition, my expectations have not only been met but surpassed. Its exceptional image quality and advanced features have transformed my diagnostic capabilities, allowing me to navigate through complex patient cases with confidence and precision using UDFF, shearwave, and more,” concluded Dr. Filipinas Rojo, Head of the Department of Radiology at Cuidad Medical Zamboanga.
Through early intervention, risk of liver diseases progressing can be prevented through proper health management and avoidance of risk factors. ACUSON Sequoia Crown Edition ultrasound system with UDFF is now available at Cuidad Medical Zamboanga (CMZ).
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC