- Motorists urged to consider Kadayawan road closures in their travel plans
THE CITY Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) urged motorists to take alternative routes since over 20 intersections will be closed during the Indak-Indak sa Kadalanan and the Pamulak this weekend.
In the interview on Thursday, CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude said that road closures will be implemented starting at 4 am on Aug. 19 on Saturday until 4 pm on Sunday, Aug. 20.
According to Abude, the showdown of Indak-Indak and Pamulak will begin at 3 p.m., while the route will start from Roxas Avenue, CM Recto, Bonifacio, Pelayo, and San Pedro Street until San Pedro Square.
“Due to the preparation and clearing, we have prohibited parking. It is forbidden to park on the route until Aug. 20, 2023, at 4 p.m.,” he added.
The CTTMO roadmap shows a partial road closure on Aug. 13 along San Pedro Street for the workers and organizers to haul the materials and build the event props.
Partial road closure will also start on Thursday, Aug. 17, along Roxas Avenue (Marco Polo Hotel), and Bonifacio Street corner Pelayo Street, for the installation of the stage and production tent.
Also, the contingent trucks and vehicles will be parked along Quimpo Boulevard during the activity.
On Aug. 17, there will be a full road closure in Kadayawan Square (cor. C.M. Recto Avenue to Chowking-San Pedro) from 1 a.m. until the activity ends.
On Aug. 18, a full road closure will be implemented at Kadayawan Square from 5 a.m. to 4 p.m.
On Aug. 19, at around 2 p.m., motorists passing Roxas Avenue until C.M. Recto Avenue must make a U-turn at Rotonda Ponciano- Roxas Avenue, right turn to C.M. Recto Avenue, right turn to Bonifacio Street, left turn to Pelayo Street and left turn to San Pedro Street.
On Aug. 19-20, road closures also will be implemented on Roxas Avenue, C.M. Recto, Bonifacio Street, Pelayo Street, San Pedro Street, and all intersecting streets from 1 a.m. until the event is over.
Moreover, on Aug. 21, Kadayawan Square will be closed from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order