VICE PRESIDENT and Department of Education Secretary Sara Duterte led the Brigada Eskwela 2023 at Governor Vicente Duterte National High School in NHA, Bangkal, Talomo District on Tuesday, Aug. 15.
Duterte personally painted the table inside a classroom in the said school.
The Office of the Vice President (OVP), through the Davao Satellite Office, joined the Brigada Eskwela so that schools can be ready for the re-opening of classes.
Duterte emphasized that schools must be clean, orderly, and functional.
She also called for a Bayanihan spirit among the Filipinos to help prepare the schools for the opening of classes.
DepEd XI spokesperson Jenelito Atillo previously announced that the first day of classes for public schools will be on Aug. 29.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC