AUTHORITIES seized more than P10,000 worth of shabu from a bus passenger while passing through the checkpoint in Licanan, Lasang, Bunawan District around 5:30, a.m. on Friday, August 11.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified him as Velnoie Gaviño Gado, 33, a resident of Magugpo Poblacion in Tagum City.
Intercepted from the possession of Gado was a sachet of shabu weighing 1.5 grams worth P10,200.
According to the report, the bus passenger was arrested by Police Corporal Emar Joseph Gultiano at the checkpoint inspection area.
The suspect is the custody of the Bunawan Police Station facing a charge for violating Section 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC