OVER P2 million worth of smuggled cigarettes were seized by the Police Regional Office (PRO) XI in Mabini, Davao de Oro, and Purok Malinawon, Barangay Mogbongcogon, Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, on Aug. 8.
PRO XI director Brig Gen Alden Delvo said the Banay-Banay Police Station under the Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office confiscated smuggled assorted cigarettes placed in 45 boxes worth P2,250,000.
Delvo said the successful confiscation of smuggled cigarettes was attributed to the coordination of Banaybanay PS and Regional Special Operating Group (RSOG) XI.
The operatives conducted a joint buy-bust operation in the area of Mabini, Davao de Oro, before proceeding to Purok Malinawon, where they found the abandoned master cases of smuggled cigarettes.
Delvo lauded the operating group and ensured that PRO XI will continuously conduct operations against smuggling and all other illegal activities to ensure a safe and orderly Davao Region.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC