Smoke and flames trap Internet cafe stay-in worker
A FEMALE stay-in worker died inside an Internet cafe after it was gobbled by fire along R. Castillo, Barangay San Antonio, Agdao District at 5:32 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 9.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, Davao City Fire District spokesperson, identified her as Christine Colarat Mabuna, an employee of the establishment renting a space at the Angeles commercial building.
According to the co-worker, identified as Daryll, he woke up from the intense heat and thick smoke.
He tried to help the victim but he could no longer breathe since the smoke was coming from her room and he had to find his way out of the shop.
The fire spread to the adjacent eatery and an LPG shop. Gillado said a lechon haus also sustained damage.
The firefighters declared a fire-out at around 5:45 a.m. But by then, it was too late to save the victim.
Gillado estimated the damage to reach P1 million. But they continue their investigation to determine the cause of the fire.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC