AN ALLEGED robbery hold-up suspect was killed in a manhunt operation after preying on a 21-year-old female student at Marquila Complex, Tigatto Road near Deca, Buhangin District around 2:50 a.m. on Aug. 9.
Police have yet to identify the suspect, who was described as between 40-45 years old, 5’5” tall, medium built, and wearing a dyed t-shirt and sky-blue shorts.
The victim was a Holy Cross of Agdao student.
Initial investigation showed that at around 2:50 a.m. on Wednesday, the victim was riding the suspect’s payong-payong (motorcycle with sidecar) from Mandug Gym after attending the barangay’s foundation day.
When they arrived at the darkened portion of the road, the suspect pulled over and pointed a gun at the victim. He grabbed the sling bag containing cash, phone, and IDs. He then left the victim before speeding off.
Fortunately, the victim found patrolling officers near the scene who then gave chase. They found the suspect matching the description and ordered him to stop for investigation.
However, the suspect reportedly fired at the officers who retaliated and shot back. He was transported to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) on board Mobile Patrol No. 27 but died at around 3:25 a.m.
Scene of the Crime Operative (SOCO) recovered a 9mm pistol without a serial number, two empty shells from a 9mm pistol, a brown shoulder bag, a black iPhone XR, P5,400 cash, and IDs. Authorities also recovered the suspect’s Suzuki Smash 115 with a sidecar.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC