THE DAVAO City Police Office (DCPO) said the suspension of the permit to carry firearms will be implemented earlier from Aug. 18 to 27 due to the upcoming 38th Kadayawan celebration.
Meanwhile, more or less 10,000 PNP personnel were deployed starting Aug. 8 to secure Kadayawan-related activities.
The send-off ceremony was conducted around 3 p.m. at the DCPO parade grounds in Camp Captain Domingo E. Leonor along San Pedro Street.
Capt. Hazel Tuazon, the city police spokesperson, said the suspension of the permit to carry firearms will continue through the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections in October.
Tuazon said they are now waiting for the approval of their request to extend the suspension until November.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC